Using short bursts of physical activity that mimic the fight-or-flight response, Hit the Deck changes your chemistry and builds your resiliency to stress. It trains your brain and body to recover from stress more quickly and efficiently, as well as to raise your threshold for it.
Hit the Deck consists of thirty-five exercise cards along with a programmable interval timer. Set the timer for 30-60 seconds, draw a card, hit start, and do as many repetitions as possible. Each exercise will both elevate your heart rate as well as challenge your muscles: the very same actions as the fight-or-flight response, which flushes out our toxic stress hormones and releases the bliss molecules.
If you have time for only one card, that’s fine. The short burst will use your stress hormones for the purpose they were designed to serve, and you get a release of hormones that restore balance and neutralize the negative effects of stress. You just hit the reset button on stress!
If you’ve got time for more, draw another card, hit start on the timer and you’re ready to go. Do a series of cards if you can. The recurring intervals will train your body and brain to recover from stress as quickly as possible, and continuing to push yourself raises your threshold for stress.
You’re also getting an effective cardiovascular and resistance training workout in the process. You can burn fat, add muscle, improve your fitness, have more energy and start sleeping better. All with no equipment!
Hit the Deck is your anytime, anywhere stress solution. You’re only 30-60 seconds away from feeling better. What are you waiting for?
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE DECK?
• A programmable interval timer
• 35 exercise cards with three different intensity levels to mix and match for endless variety and intensity
• No Sweat
• I’m Glistening
• Sweating Buckets
• Each category includes 10 cards with instructions and diagrams
• A Six-Week Get Started Plan that guides you through six weeks of prescribed workouts for optimal results.
• Nutrition recommendations for resiliency, performance and health.
What Hit the Deck Can Do For You
• Help you to lose weight, burn fat, and add muscle tone
• Provide you cardio AND weight training exercise at the same time
• Improve your overall levels of fitness and wellness
• Allow for flexibility – workouts can be any length desired
• Offer variety by providing a wide range of effective exercises.
• Deliver an excellent workout with no fitness equipment
• Provide a great way to cross-train
• Expand your ability to handle and recover from stress
• Improve the quality of your sleep
• Get an efficient and effective exercise session when you travel
• Perform it any time, anywhere — you don’t have to belong to a gym
• Increase intensity by adding time
• Raise intensity by increasing the number of total exercises done
• Increase intensity by repeating the rotation of the selected exercises
• Do it with a workout partner or group
• Make it a family game!
“It’s one thing to have great credentials and get endorsements of a product. It’s yet another to have someone speak from a perspective of experience. I have the great fortune to work with Jenny Evans for the past several years, jointly working with numerous Fortune 500 companies. She has the uncanny ability to apply very solid scientific information in a way that any busy person can use. That’s why I believe in this product that Jenny has created. First, the product is based 100% on sound scientific evidence. Jenny truly understands the connection between the hormones released during stress and how to recapture energy quickly. This variable workout is great for someone just starting out and it can also be employed by an advanced exerciser. Without question, you will get a very efficient and effective total body workout!”
Jack L. Groppel, Ph.D., FACSM
Co-Founder Human Performance Institute, Inc., Fellow, American College of Sports Medicine